Luís Rocha, PhD
Luís has a PhD in Health Sciences and a background in neurosciences, animal models of traumatic and neurologic conditions, as well as cancer research. His research interests range from aging and the potential of cellular reprogramming expanding longevity to the interplay between the peripheral nervous system, tumor onset and progression, and immune response.
In his free time, Luís likes to cook (recently started to play around with fermentation), listen to long conversations (huge Lex Friedman fan), go to music concerts, travel, and enjoy the sea.
- PhD in Health Sciences, Universidade do Minho (Portugal)
- MSc in Biochemistry, Universidade da Beira Interior (Portugal)
- BSc in Biochemistry, Universidade da Beira Interior (Portugal)
Previous Research Work
- Postdoctoral Fellow at the Costa-Silva Lab, Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown (Portugal)
- PhD student at the Salgado Lab, Universidade do Minho (Portugal)